Oval Patchy Pillow Pattern by Amy Butler
Patchwork modern style for a fresh take on decor! These cool and comfy pillows can be made up in a variety of coordinating prints or just one print for a subtle feel. With bonus projects to make square and rectangle pillows, you'll have plenty of patchwork to go around!
Materials List for the Oval Patchy and both Bonus Pillows (makes one pillow)
Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
You have 2 options for making the front of your pillow. You can either make a "patchwork" design using three coordinating prints or simply use one print.
The pillow can be made using 44” wide quilting weight fabric OR 54” wide mid-weight Home Dec fabric. Please check the charts below for the amount required for the style you're making.
Please enjoy the BONUS projects below! More is more when it comes to pillows.
You'll measure and mark directly onto your fabric for these two styles.
INTERFACING / NOTIONS NEEDED (for all projects)
- 4" x 4" scrap of fusible woven interfacing (I use Shape Flex® SF 101 from Pellon®)
- Buttons to cover (I use Dritz® brand) Please save the instructions and template on the back of the package.
- 2 (size 2 1/2") for the Square Pillow
- 4 (size 1 1/2") for the Oval or Rectangle Pillows
- 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread (I use my Premium Threads from Rowan)
- 1 small spool of Button / Carpet thread (I use Coats brand)
For the Oval Pillow only:
- 2 (12 oz.) bags of fiberfill (I use Nature-fil™ PLA corn fiberfill. This is an all natural premium fiberfill from Fairfield.)
For the Square and Rectangle Pillows:
Pillow Forms (I use Soft Touch® pillow forms from Fairfield)
- 30” wide x 16” tall x 4” thick
- 23” square x 3" thick
- 26” wide x 14” tall x 4” thick